Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is in the air...


I love this holiday!  Hearts and chocolate and candy and LOVE!  And this year I even found pink heart marshmallows!  Have you ever seen anything so cute? 






So here are some of our Valentine's  happenings:

 

 Skyla's Cookie Party!








All these cute girls rode the bus home with Skyla and came over for our annual cookie party.  They were very good cookie decorators and really great taste testers.  :) 


Karsten's Kindergarten Class Party

 I got to help in Karsten's class for their Valentine centers.  Is there anything cuter than 18 kindergartners painting hearts and making love bug hats?  There is not!  Can you guess what station I was assigned to?  And look at Karsten's valentine's that he wrote all by himself!  And his darling box!  And his dazzling smile!  I sure love this little guy that melts my heart!  

 




Sierra's 6th Grade Dance


I can't believe I just put all those words together in one sentence.  I can't believe Sierra, my little girl, is a 6th grader.  And I can't believe that she is old enough to attend a dance (it was during school), and even more surprised that she was looking forward to it, and the MOST surprised that her and her friends dressed up for it!  (The teachers told them to, but still, she did!)  I'm pretty sure she is not happy that I am the type of mom that is there, everywhere she is, with my camera.  But as spoken in the language of love (since it is Valentine's Day after all), c'est la vie!  
This is what a 6th grade dance in the classroom looks like.  Where are the boys?  On the other side...  Perfect!

4 comments:

jenlinmin said...

Oh, Mindy, I'm pretty sure I walk away from your blog depressed every time I read it. You are an amazing mom! My poor kids... Are you sure you don't have room for two more kids who would get a better upbringing from you than they'll ever hope to get from me?

Unknown said...

sierra u look so pretty! our dance was school-wide. yes, 6th 7th and 8th graders!!! i dont know how i didn't get trampled!!!...... looks like u had funnn!

Unknown said...

Wow! I haven't even been to a dance yet! Nice hair, Shirley Temple! (Don't get mad, you shoulda seen me on Halloween! :))

Unknown said...

haha! not a single girl wore a dress or skirt at my dance! only skinny jeans or really short shorts......whats with the fashion these days?!?