Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hello. I love you.

Hello Seine River.  I love your bridges and the way you run through this city that is the most amazing city ever.  EVER. 

Hello stained glass of St. Chapelle.  I was blown away. 
Hello Moulin Rouge which I know because of one of my favorite movies.
Hello Arc de Triomphe.  You were surprisingly massive with the most crazy traffic round-about I have ever seen!
Hello Louve with your pictures that are bigger than my house.

Hello teeny cars that would not even have enough room to lug my suitcase around.


Hello mounds and mounds of the most delicious ice cream.

Hello pastry stores that are on every corner and I love them more than a love for a food is even possible...

Hello bread.  Oh hello wonderful bread made in France that tastes so much better than it does here.  What is your secret?

Hello sugar.  David hasn't had you for a while.

Hello crepes that were the yummiest, most delicious crepes I have ever tasted and it makes me cry thinking that I will not have that taste in my mouth again for a very long time and even one day is too long.




We had six glorious days in Paris.  There were a million more things I could have said hello to.  Notre Dame, the amazing train system, our cutest, tiny apartment we rented, the church on the corner of the street of our cute apartment, L'Opera, the markets, the "merci" on the trash cans, the scarfs, the beautiful, skinny, french women wearing the scarfs, the shopping, the gardens, the buildings, the history, the, the, the...  There was so much.  Thank goodness for pictures so I can remember every detail of our six glorious days in Paris.  Until we meet again Paris!

7 comments:

John and Stef said...

Mindy!! I got chills reading all about your trip. First, because you fulfilled a dream - I loved that you wrote about that. And second, because it brought back memories. It is honestly the most amazing place I've ever been. I love that you got to see St. Chappel (sp?) Those windows were breath taking. I think we should save our dollars for another "Paris fund" and go together. Glad your trip was so wonderful.

Britney said...

My mouth is watering with the pastries and the bread! Yum!

So fun Mindy! I love that you have your dream come true!

XOXO!

Sally said...

You're SO dang cute Mindy!!!

Monica said...

So excited for you that you got to go to Paris! I love that City. You are so creative with your post!!! I love it! Brought back great memories!

Your mother and father in law had dinner with us at our home last night on their stop from their route 66 travels. It was fun to catch up and hear all about your family. Sounds like you are all doing wonderful! We want to come visit you next year! Have a wonderful summer!

JaNece said...

I am crying as I watch your dream unfold into beautiful memories! I'm so happy that you could experience this. You make me want to have a dream come true. What's my dream...? Hmmm.

Jill Heaps said...

Love it Love it Love it! I am so glad you got to go with your hubby! Thats the one thing I wish I had when I went... someone to snuggle with! Happy Anniversary :)

Jeni said...

This is all such a dream! Everything! The food, Paris, a trip alone with the husband, WHAT A DREAM!!!