Thursday, May 1, 2008

April Showers

Actually I don't think it rained once in April, but here are some things that did happen:

*I started a photography class and I'm learning what all the buttons on my camera do. My camera can actually do some really cool things! The teacher is a bit frustrating, but dessert with my girlfriends AFTER the class makes sitting through the class all worth it.

*Karsten and I went to a special toddler class at Crab Cove and learned all about bugs. It was so much fun and I loved having this special time with my little guy. We're at the ocean and it's beautiful and we're finding cool bugs and plants and his favorite part was the tractor driving by... Go figure. That or watching the lady with the metal detector. She even let him have a go and he found a quarter! Now that was cool...

*Skyla and Sierra both proved themselves formidable forces in soccer scoring goals in their games.


*Our dear friend Andy's tapas dinner birthday party! I don't think we've laughed that hard in a really really long time... There's nothing like hanging with old friends and it was so much fun!

*Mommy beach day! The temperature at the beach was hot and so were we in our swimsuits. :)

*My little nephew Owen's surgery was a success!

*Zoo Day!



*Let's Go Oakland! The season has started and we've been able to go to three of the A's games already. In fact, we're all now the proud owners of the Travis Buck bobblehead. Sweeeet! (David made me go to the game 2 hours early to wait in line so we'd be sure to get them while he took Sierra to her soccer game. Collecting bobble heads is serious business.)

*Aspen is fully immunized! That means she can go to the park and play with other dogs without fear that she'll get sick. That's the good news. The bad news is she can now jump UP on the couch. It was her last frontier...

*After a particularly rough day yesterday, I went into my girls' room to grab their dirty laundry while they were sleeping. This is how I found Skyla... There's nothing like a child's whatever you want to call it to make me forget my bad mood.

7 comments:

Sally said...

I love reading your monthly "deets" (aka details) you are such a fun person! I love that I can hear your voice in what you write! I miss you! When are you coming to Utah!?

Christi said...

Do you know if you click on the picture of Sierra and Aspen you can see they BOTH have a smile on their face!!! Very cute.

Kelly Jensen said...

I love this update. You are such a great momma. I don't know how you fit everything in...but I love it! We need to get together soon. I am back and want to play

Britney said...

This picture of Skyla is so cute. Max falls asleep with stuff like this all the time and it cracks me up...and yes, I too forget my bad day!

Britney said...

Oh, and the picture with Karsten looking at the tracker is priceless! Great picture!

Yes, cake after the class makes listening to our scatterbrained teacher worth it!

Tyra said...

You do such fun stuff Mindy!!! I love that you do things for yourself. I need to take a lesson.

Jeni said...

Skyla is awesome. End of story.