Sunday, June 1, 2008

Soccer Mom


I have been a soccer mom literally for the last couple of months. That means three practises a week and two games on the weekend. It has been fun, but I'm tired! Saturday was the last game for both of my girls. Yahoo! They've both done great and I have loved watching them run after the ball and be aggressive in a completely acceptable manner. Sierra started the season NOT wanting to play soccer and instead loved every minute. It turns out she's really good at soccer! Her coach gave her the award "Girl who most got out of her comfort zone and kicked heiny while she was there." Adri was on her team which made it really fun for her AND me because then we got to see the Dullum's at the games and Marianna and I could carpool.

Sierra's got the ball!
This was Skyla's second season and so she already knew the ropes. Her coach was amazed at her progress and she got better with every game! There is nothing cuter than 6 little girls out there chasing the ball and then skipping off the field when there's a sub. They are just so happy-go-lucky at that age and it's such a joy to watch them. Kudos to their coaches who worked with their silliness instead of getting discouraged. David, Karsten and I loved our Saturdays together watching our little soccer girls!

Skyla heading towards the goal!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Love the picture of the girls!!! They are SOOOO cute! We didn't do so well this year, we quit soccer after a few games. I think as parents that's a no-no. OOPS! My kids will probably be in therapy for years!

Britney said...

Great pictures of your girls.

How fun to be an actual 'soccer mom'! You and Marianna are the coolest soccer moms I know! What am I saying...you guys are pretty much the coolest MOMS I know!

Jyl said...

Your girls look so much like you, it is uncanny! So adorable!

Sally said...

You're a cute soccer mom, I hope to get my girls in soccer again this fall. I've been lazy the last few years.