Saturday, May 30, 2009

Eight is Great!


My baby girl is 8! We celebrated with an "8 is great" party. She invited 8 friends. They were served an 8 course meal. They went on a real live scavenger hunt until they found 8 items. They participated in 8 stations that won them 8 tickets which awarded them 8 prizes. Then they had 8 desserts and went home a little past 8. It was crazy busy and I couldn't have done it without my girlfriends!

The scavenger hunt was the best. I delivered letters to all my neighbors (we have a great neighborhood) telling them if it was ok to have some rowdy but cute girls come to their house looking for things, to please put up a sign on their door. With it being Memorial weekend, I was a little nervous too many people would be gone, but that evening there was a green sign on practically every door! What wonderful neighbors! The girls broke up into teams and ran around to each house looking for odd things such as a sock with a hole in it, a grocery receipt, a candle, a Christmas card, etc. They brought home some pretty random stuff!

We are so lucky that Skyla came to our family eight years ago. She is such a happy and bubbly and full of life kid. She loves to play and has a great imagination. She is so thoughtful and is always concerned about other people. I'm so happy that this weekend is all about HER!

We love you Skyla!

9 comments:

Natalie said...

What a fun b-day party. I love the pictures below of her baptism. She's beautiful.

Britney said...

Hell-O! What a FUN party! You always have the best ideas!

bottspot said...

Can't believe she's 8! CRAZY! Looks like she had a FUN party!

Christi said...

How fun! Happy Birthday Skyla.

jenlinmin said...

We're so glad Skyla came into our lives too and carved a little place out for herself in our hearts. She is such an amazing little girl! Just like her mom!

Tyra said...

You are officially best mother ever!!! You have such cute ideas for your kids. You need to write a book--I would buy it.

Laura said...

So cute!!! Great Mom and a great idea. I might have to try that for a party. What a beautiful little girl!

Laura said...

I would buy the book too!!!!

Jyl said...

You are such a fun mom Mindy! Great Party! Happy Birthday Skyla, and I love her Baptism dress, and pictures, she is precious!