Thursday, July 31, 2008

King Karsten

Karsten's reign of the household has ended... The girls are home today! Karsten and I have had a wonderful time doing "boy" things these past two weeks... including but not limited to riding the BART, riding the Tilden steam train, going to the train park (Aquotic Park), visiting friends, bike riding, playdates, Studio Grow, and playing lots and lots of cars. We've tossed a few water balloons, painted our toes (yes, that's a boy activity), taken Aspen on many walks, hung out at the skate park, treated ourselves to Jamba Juice AND Teacake (not in the same day), painted the girls room, shopped, and taken naps together. Karsten has thrown way more tantrums than I thought possible these last couple of weeks. He would not make a good only child. But I've loved my time with him as intensely as I've missed my girls. I'm so happy the girls had such a wonderful time visiting both sides of our families. They have been talking non-stop about all the fun things they did. I'm surprised they agreed to come home! The lady that sat next to them on the plane came to tell me what good manners and how delightful they were to sit by. Wow! The stewardess (although it was a guy - don't they have a different title?) said they were perfect angels. I'm so proud of them! They'll have to do a post next!



*Are those not the grubbiest, dirtiest feet you've ever seen with painted toes??

3 comments:

Marianna said...

Love the toes! Owen will be jealous! :) Sounds like you guys had some good times!

Welcome back Sierra and Skyla!

Laura said...

How nice to have some one on one time with Karsten---I need to have some more one on one moments----

Sally said...

Glad you had a fun time with your little man!