Friday, August 1, 2008

July Gaps

August has begun! School starts this month! Summer is more than half over! I did not do a good job of blogging in June and July. Here are some of my favorite summer moments not previously posted:
Water Balloon Party - Sierra invited her entire class over the last day of school and with some of our other great friends, we had a blast. I filled hundreds of water balloons. It's amazing how that doesn't last very long!


Sunset Beach Camping - Marianna and I loaded up the kids and went to the beach for three nights and four days. This whole trip was awesome and definitely needs a post of it's own, but alas, I think this picture sums it all up: Yummy smores!

*Sierra joing Girl Scouts

*Karsten has perfected his "scootering"

*Skyla has been reading non-stop. Every day she wants to go to the library because she's finished all her books.

*David has won the "ultimate husband" award by bringing me home Specialty bakery cookies from the city a couple of times a week for the past couple of weeks. I'm in heaven. And it's a good thing I've been running 18 - 20 miles on the weekends. :)

*Fourth of July with the Dullum's. We took a ferry to Angel Island and spent the day eating a yummy picnic and making ice cream with that cool ice cream ball.






*Me and two wonderful girlfriends hiked the Dipsea Trail - 8 miles of hills and woods ending up at Stinson Beach. It was awesome!

3 comments:

Amy said...

So did you run the Dipsea Trail? It looks like fun. How long did it take you?

Marianna said...

We have had some good times this summer! I am as always looking forward to the next adventure!

Natalie said...

Camping on the beach, How FUN!!! That is something I need to do. I love that you and your friends do such great things without your hubbies. I'm sure you missed your girls so much but what great memories they made on this trip. I loved reading their account of what they did. I'm sure your family loved having them too.