Friday, November 7, 2008

Fully Loaded














I am driving by myself with my three darling children to Utah today. I've done it before, however this time is going to be different because I am fully loaded. Here is what I have for this trip that I did not have for my last...

A cell phone (Yeah!!!!)

A GPS (David puts it very nicely when he says I'm "directionally challenged." I now have the tool to correct my disability.)

A working DVD player (ours broke the last trip. So I upgraded to a dual screen. The girls can sit in the back and watch while Karsten can sit by himself in the middle. Splitting them up guarantees less fighting...)

A working DVD player WITH enough headphones for all kids (amazing concept)

A working stereo (ours hasn't worked since Karsten decided to play the "slots" with the CD player and put quarters in it.)

Ipod (which I can hook up with our new stereo and play my music or podcasts... Awesome!)

As quoted from one of my favorite movies, Napolean Dynamite:


"I love technology. Yes I love technology, not as much as you you see, but still I love technology, Always and forever, Always and forever."

Now if I can just not get a ticket...

10 comments:

Mindi said...

I'm still in awe that you would do this. I can barely stand to drive an hour to San Jose with my kids. Did you find some good podcasts or books on CD?

bottspot said...

You are brave! But driving "Fully Loaded" certainly does help. Did you remember ear plugs for you for then the kids get too loud?

Zina said...

I only have two of these items -- cell phone and iPod -- and I don't think I would ever dare to do a long trip alone with my kids (although mys sister's done it several times, brave woman,) and Dean is usually our designated driver, but even so I can vouch for the iPod on road trips -- good talk radio or dramas are SO much better for keeping us awake than our old method of me talking to Dean -- which just put him to sleep. I used to joke that when I ran out of other material, I would bring up every topic we'd ever argued about, just to get his adrenaline going.

Britney said...

Yea!!! You were set for the drive! I hope it went well!

Have fun with all the family and the wedding! We will miss you!

Kelly Jensen said...

I hope you are having a GREAT time in Utah. Can't wait to see pictures of Karsten in his suit. We will miss you while you are gone!

Sierra said...

Yay! As long as you have Geff on your GPS, you won't get lost! And if we do, you can call someone with your cellphone! And, you won't be bored because of dad's ipod! Also, TAG! YOU'RE IT!

Jen said...

Amen- technology makes all the difference on a road trip! Good luck!

Monica said...

I love your blog! I found you on the Heaps blog! What a beautiful family you have! Your mother in law is always catching me up on you guys. It sounds like you are loving where you are! Your family is really growing up! Wade had so much fun seeing everyone at the reception! I wish so badly I could have been there! I have a blog also! It would be fun to stay in touch! Love ya, Monica www.whitinghappenings.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Mindy, Your family is so stinkin cute. Karsten, what a handsome dude. I am so glad you are all doing well. I love these blogs, It's so much fun to see how everyone is doing. Our blog is http://theetchellsfamily.blogspot.com we have 2 new boys since Berkeley. Time sure has changed.

The Rideout Timeout said...

one of my all time favorite quotes too!!! my kids even know that so they make sure to watch it and point it out to me when they watch the movie.