Monday, November 3, 2008

Hike canceled

The weather has been gorgeous for two months - literally. So of course the one and only weekend that me and my girlfriends could do a big hike I've by dying to do, it pours rain. So our 34 miler was cancelled, but that didn't stop us from having an adventuous girlfriend weekend! Instead of hiking,
THIS was our adventure...

A Calistoga mud bath! Yes, it was scary and stinky but it felt oh so good. Add to that some shopping at the Napa Outlets, some yummy food, hot tubbing, a midnight munchy run, and lots and lots of talking and laughing and we had a perfect girls weekend! Thanks to four wonderful hubbies who know our sanity relies heavily on these rare getaways.

12 comments:

Laura said...

How fun!!! A mud bath sounds fabulous!

Britney said...

Nice...mud...

What a fun weekend! And what a blessing it poured rain so you could do a mud bath :)!!!

Natalie said...

hmmm 34 mile hike or mud bath and hanging with the girls. I think I'd take the mud bath! I do hope you get to do your hike sometime.

Christina said...

You could have had a mud bath on the hike! :) Too bad that it rained for you! I still remember seeing pictures and hearing about the mansoon (sp?) that dumped on you on a hike in Japan! A replay of that probably didn't sound so fun! :) Glad you had a great weekend!

Sally said...

I'm getting a little jealous over here! I miss you and I need a girlfriend getaway!!!! WAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Jeni said...

A mud bath sounds amazing! That's an adventure that I would love to try. Thank heaven for rain!

jenlinmin said...

What can I say? Girlfriends are the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you for being you!

Jeni said...

That mud bath looks amazing. What a fun weekend! Good friends are the best.

Marianna said...

Thanks for once again talking me into trying something new! You are the best! Thanks for a great weekend girlfriend! Love ya!

Tyra said...

Sounds like a blast. The mud bath I'm not too sure about but everything else seems amazing. Napa is wonderful.

Mindi said...

Bummer that your hike got cancelled (postponed?). Dave and I had mudbaths in Calistoga years ago on one of our anniversaries. I thought it was fun.

Glad you all still got to spend the weekend together.

bottspot said...

So I found your blog! It is soooo good to see what you guys are up to. Our link is on my facebook page if you wanna check our out.