Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm in Love!

Yes of course with David, but I'm talking about something else...  cross country skiing!  And this is no regular skiing, either.  I had never heard of this before but here in Alaska there's a faster (and some would argue better) way of skiing called "skate skiing."  Simply put, it's awesome!!  And it's hard and I really suck but it's going to be awesome!  A friend I ran into on the trail after seeing my back side covered in snow and my beginner's stance stopped to give me a few pointers and left me with this, "THIS is the reason we live in Alaska."

5 comments:

Marianna said...

Wow!!! What an amazing picture! You guys look like you could be on a poster for an REI adventure!!! MIss you!

Sally said...

Seriously beautiful!

John and Stef said...

I love seeing all of the amazing things you're doing in Alaska! What an adventure. We miss you guys!

Amy said...

Sounds like a good work out to me. That is a great picture of you two!

Christi said...

You are brave. Awesome picture.