Thursday, March 25, 2010

Alaska girls

These are just a few of the fabulous ladies I've had the chance to get to know in moving to Alaska.  And what a fine group it is!  I can honestly say I would NOT have survived this winter without them!!  Within this group of women there is a Jazzercise teacher, 2 moms with triplets, a "Mother of the Year" candidate, a bishop's wife, an Italian, an Idaho farmer, a swimming teacher, a couple of marathon runners, and 29 kids between them.   Only one of them is originally from Alaska and the rest are like me - transplants.  That's probably why we've become such good friends - they knew what it would take to get me through this move and I love them for it! 

6 comments:

jenlinmin said...

Well, like attracts like so I'm not at all surprised that you found such an amazing support group!

By the way, you are the #1 candidate for "Mother of the Year" in my book. I want to be like you when I grow up... is it too late for me?

Sally said...

There's nothing like girlfriends! And you're the best!

John and Stef said...

I'm so glad you've made wonderful friends, Mindy! I know how it is to need good friends. :) Have a lovely day!!

Marianna said...

I am so jealous of all those girls!! :) Miss you tons!!!

Christi said...

What a great group of women. Two with triplets! Holy cow. You always surround yourself with great people so I'm not surprised by how amazing these women are.

Zina said...

They sound like a fabulous group!

I just caught up on your past several posts--all the winter sports look like a lot of fun, and I'm happy for you all that the bar exam is over!

the word verification is frianiz which backwards is zina irf. Now I need to find out what irf means.