Monday, March 22, 2010

I did a what?

It's the Iditarod!  The Great Last Race.  It starts in Anchorage and ends in Nome, over 1000 miles away with a team of dogs pulling a sled. When my girls were little they used to play sled dog, hooking themselves up to my laundry basket and pulling it around. They had so much fun viewing the real thing again!  And sometimes the mushers will throw some of the dogs' booties to the fans which the kids quickly grabbed some for Aspen. 

The Iditarod really brings out the Alaskans.  Here are some of the favorite fashions we saw that day...

5 comments:

Laura said...

How aweseome! Love the pictures. You take the best pics. Also, tell Skyla we are probably getting 6 chickens. I am so excited. She can come visit our chickens when we get them.

Jeni said...

How fun! I love Dave's beard. So fitting for Alaska. Your hats are so cute too!

Monica said...

I love it!!! Wade and I did a dog sled run in Montreal Canada. It was a highlight! It looks like you guys are having the time of your life and having amazing experiences! You are making me want to come visit!

Britney said...

Do the dogs have gloves on? :)

Looks awesome! And yes, David totally looks like a mountain man.

Oh, and I'm laughing at the full-blown "Alaskans"!

Miss you and love your guts!

Sally said...

You guys look so cute! What an amazing place to live!