Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The 80's Rock!


For my dear friend Marianna's birthday (center of picture with the awesomely high bangs), my Berkeley friends sported the 80's fashions and hit the town! We headed to Bimbo's in San Francisco for an 80's cover band called Tainted Love. As Karen (can't miss her in the fluorscent green headband!) so perfectly put it, "I hate to brag, but we look good!" It was so fun dancing the night away to songs that we knew ALL the words to!

A few weeks before this great event I was so worried about what to wear! Then I remembered that I grew up in the 80's (duh!) and looked through
my scrapbook to remember the fashions of my youth. Too bad my prom dresses are at my mom's house...



It was truly a night to remember and now David has had a glimpse of what I may have looked like if he would have dated me in high school. :)

6 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Mindy!

I loved hearing from you! AND I have LOVED blog stalking you!:) You have such a darling family and write your thoughts and memories down so well. I hadn't been on your blog for a bit, so it was fun to catch up. You have such fun friends! What a fun night-you all looked amazing! Keep all the clothes, I think they are on the come back! Although, I didn't think it was fair that you still looked like you were in high school!

Britney said...

LOL...I'm laughing right now!

Did you see that David posted these pictures on Facebook? Ha ha!

Such a fun night! And Karen's right...we did look GOOD!

JaNece said...

Oh, how I miss the 80's...NOT! You guys do look cute, though! I love the leggings and big hoop earrings! I'm embarrased of my perm hair when I was a kid. NERDY!!

Becca said...

It was definitely one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time!! We should do it again! You looked rockin' too ;)

Natalie said...

I love when you update! the 80's night looked like lots of fun. Gotta love 80's style ha ha ha.

Christina said...

Wow!!! I don't know what to say, but...WOW!! What a fun night! I give you the award for most authentic!!!! Did you seriously still have all that stuff? The funny thing is that you see a lot of that style around town, so you probably didn't stand out too much (well, maybe the neon head band and the big bow stood out!) :)