Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love from morning til night

MorningWe had oatmeal pancakes which made it a little harder to get the heart shape, but they are the kids' favorite and so yummy! My mom made the heart tableclothe. She's the inspiration behind all my holiday celebrations. She always made each holiday so special and fun growing up.

Afternoon

We went searching for ladybugs with our adventure buddies in the Redwood Regional Park in Oakland... And we found them!!


(Anytime hiking with kids is adventurous - especially when there's a strong possibility of rain!)





We also found a skunk which luckily didn't seem too interested in us... And even more lucky that Aspen didn't notice the skunk! Kelly put a ladybug on Skyla's face and it was so cute! That's my new favorite picture of Skyla. The funnest was finding a huge chocolate ladybug (filled with baby ladybugs!) when we got back to the car.








Night I don't know what was funnier, seeing the kids' faces as I plopped the speghetti on the table with no plates, or the horrified look on David's face. Notice how he couldn't resist getting a plate...







We had fun this week making valentines for the grandparents and getting ready for all the

parties. Karsten picked out Speed Racer Valentines and individually decided for each kid in his class who should get what - there are 36 kids! David had a fun time helping him out with that... Skyla made stain-glassed valentines out of tissue paper that turned out so cute! Sierra didn't even know if she was having a part until the day before so we didn't have many options for her to choose from, but she was quite happy to find some candy valentines and we popped popcorn and filled 30 hearts full.

I love these guys!!!

And especially this one...

10 comments:

Laura said...

What an amazing day! Love the tablecloth, spaghetti without plates, and LOVE the ladybugs. How amazing is that. Your family is so beautiful. I love the pic of your three kids just HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. So cute. What a great day!

Zina said...

How fun! Your kids will have such great memories.

(I don't know whether I could do the plateless spaghetti. My poor kids are missing out.)

Marianna said...

So fun! You are such a cute and creative mom! Love the picture of Sky with the lady bug.

Christi said...

LOVE the ladybug on Skyla's face. You should enter that one week at I Heart Faces! Did you really eat without plates? I would be horrified. I just barely stopped following Dalyla around with a washcloth while she eats at my house. I'm so OCD about that. I've missed your blog posts.

Sally said...

You really know how to party! What cute ideas!

Tom and I did the spaghetti thing on one of our dates! Fun!

Britney said...

Again...you get the best mom award! Such a fun day! I want to be just like you!

I'm going to have to do this spaghetti night, looks like a blast. Although, I"m laughing because David is getting his food on a plate!

Kelly Jensen said...

We had such a fun time. Thanks for being our Valentines!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I absolutely love this post. What fun memories you have made for your family. I HAVE to try the no plate thing-(I would have never thought of thought. I can't wait to shock my family!:)) You are such a fun mom. Thanks for reminding me how important it is to make holidays special.

bottspot said...

How Cute! Thanks for the great ideas for next year!

JaNece said...

You are an amazing mom! You make the holidays so speical! I love that mom did that for us. I try to be creative, but my boys just don't get it yet. I'm hoping they grow into the festivities!!