Saturday, February 21, 2009

Spilled Milk


The five tickets to Mexico that I "bought" online have somehow vanished. Though I put in all my credit card information and pressed a button that said "purchase", they somehow actually weren't purchased. And as the snotty, not-so-nice, and horribly bad at customer service lady at the airline company said, "I'm sorry. There's nothing we can do", our first ever family vacation was put on hold. (Prices are now almost double from when I "purchased" them a few weeks ago.) I was so sad and cried and cried. My sister-in-law happened to call (bad timing on her part since I was still quite emotional) and I actually said, "This is the worst day of my life." Can you believe I said that? How embarrassing!
My family is healthy. My husband has a job. We have a place to live. We have wonderful friends. So while I'm very (VERY) disappointed, life goes on, and I'm pretty blessed.

Just don't talk about anything Mexican for the next little while, OK?

12 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

okay, so I am crying with you. I am so sorry! This just means an even BETTER deal is going to come your way, and make your vacation all the sweeter.

Laura said...

I am so sorry. That is the worst. All I can think is the food would've probably gotten you deathly ill, either that or some wild Mexican animal may have attacked, or the drug cartel may have been staying at your hotel, so whew. Glad you dodged all those bad happenings. No but for real, I am so sorry.

Brooke Engstrom said...

Hey thanks for the compliments. Have you seen the new site? it is off my personal blog and there is a link for the photo blog and then the wesite too. I am truly sorry about your trip i agree with the others that something will work out!

Zina said...

I am all about crying over spilt milk -- I mean, I do agree with Laura that I'm sure you all would have died or been maimed or food poisoned if you'd gone on that miserable rotten trip -- but if I were you, I'd be VERY upset and disappointed, anyway. So sorry!

jenlinmin said...

I haven't had a spare moment in the last couple of weeks to read blogs, so I'm catching up today... that's a Sabbath activity, right? The whole Mexico thing is absolutely DEVASTATING, but if you take a minute to look back over your last couple of weeks of blogs, you are right, you are SO BLESSED and so are we, for having you in our lives! Love you!

Marianna said...

I still get sick to my stomach thinking about this! I am so sad for you!

Britney said...

Words can not express how sad I am for you!

My lips are sealed, I won't even say the word quesadilla :)

Jyl said...

SHOOT! I am so sorry!So you probably dont want to go into YOU-TUBE and see me singing my favorite Spanish love song then right>? Dang. (I'm not kidding)

Laura said...

And you probably don't want to remember the sombrero about now. So I won't bring that up.

Erika Allred said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this! That is just CRAP! Well, if it makes you feel any better, my summer trip to Hawaii got cancelled! I cried too and had maybe a week of depression, so I know what you're going through. Lets take a trip to So Cal and party at the beaches there!

Christina said...

I'm just glad to know that you are human!!! I feel like I am always the one telling YOU MY sad stories!! I was glad that I could lend you an ear and feel the pain with you! You know you could always send your kids this way and take a little vaca by yourselves!! :) I know that is NO ______ (can't say the word), but a thought!!! :)

HA-HA! That could be quite the entertaining sight...Karsten alone on a plane with his sisters!!!

BTW....I thought the Twilight pain was only supposed to last 4 days!?

Sally said...

That sucks! I'm sorry! It's depressing when you're planing and looking forward to a fun trip, it's ok to cry and feel bad! Something else will work out though.