Friday, February 20, 2009

Week Off

No school for the week!! Since we're trying to save money for our upcoming vacation, we stayed around home and loved the chance to sleep in and not go anywhere! We had a theme for each day and the week went way, WAY to fast...

Monday was MEXICO DAY

To get ready for our upcoming trip, we went to Barnes and Noble and looked at books about Mexico, tried to teach ourselves a few crucial phrases, and had tacos for dinner. Somehow I don't think their tacos are going to taste like my tacos so that probably isn't really preparing us that much... But we got our summer clothes out and we started our Mexico jar to help the kids start saving money for special things we want to do while we are there. (So far it's still empty...) We are so excited!



Tuesday was RAIN DAY



We love the rain!! And Tuesday it was pouring! If you're wondering why the girls are out in the rain in skirts, it's because I dressed them up as orphans and made them clean their room while playing "Annie." It's the only way I feel ok about yelling at them to clean. :) And they did get to have friends over to watch Kung Fu Panda afterward, and I don't think Miss Hannigan would have let them do that... It was a really fun day.


Wednesday was WICKED

Oh. My. Gosh. It's SOOOO good!!! We've been singing the songs day in and day out since Wednesday. I am so happy to have such a wonderful memory with my girls! David ended up not being able to come, so Sierra had a friend come which was fun. And to make it even more exciting, I got us lost in the city trying to find parking. We finally found a spot but then I didn't know where we were. We had 15 minutes to find the theater. I asked a man which way to the Orpheum theater and he told me it was a long way away - about a 30 minute walk! We started sprinting down the street, trying to hail a taxi but to no avail. I was wondering when I should burst into tears when we ran one more block when I finally saw the theater. It took us 10 minutes, not 30. But I think it helped the girls appreciate the whole experience even more with that added drama. I seriously can't stop thinking about it. It's SO good!!!

Thursday was FRIEND DAY

Spent ice skating with best friends! It was perfect since it was Kyla's birthday. Later that night Marianna took all the girls to a movie while I took Karsten to the doctor to find out he has a double ear infection. (No wonder he's been so whiney!!!)




Friday turned into our chill out day. We chilled.

Here are some other moments from this week I don't want to forget!

Karsten falling asleep in the middle of eating an apple

David taking a snooze with the pets
Skyla doing her Kung Fu moves - she likes me to throw the bean bag at her while she Kung Fu-s it.

8 comments:

Zina said...

Wow, you and Marianna both had great rain photos this week. I love that you have the kids pretend to be orphans so you can yell at them -- I think Mabel thinks she is a persecuted orphan anyway so I need to try that!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

This is the cutest post. You are such a fun,(and creative,) mom! I love the pictures, especially the rain photos. I LOVED that you had a theme for everyday...but my favorite- has to be acting out "Annie" while getting chores done!!! So,so cute.

Mindi said...

Oh man. Your week was way more fun than mine. We were a house full of sick germs.

Britney said...

What a fun week!

Can Karsten ice skate?

How funny that he fell asleep when eating an apple?!

You do such a good job at taking pictures of random/fun things your kids do.

Tyra said...

You are the best mom ever. You do such fun stuff with your kids. I need lessons on how to be a fun mom. When can you teach a class?

JaNece said...

I don't know any other mom that would do a "Theme Week" with their kids. Can you please pass some creativity and energy my way? Thanks.

Christina said...

-I see your "experiment" wore off! But nice job with the Annie bit! Very nice!

-You got lost! Isn't Cathy, Rachel, Pedro (oops, a Spanish name!) supposed to help with that? (I can't remember the name of your GPS!)

-When you said "sleeping with the pets" I thought there was no way to sleep with any other animals except Aspen...then before I saw the picture, I had a terrifying thought....YODA!!! I had a flashback imagining Yoda sleeping next to me without knowing it!! :)

Sally said...

You're such a fun mom! And I am SO jealous you saw Wicked!!!!! I'm dying to see it! So why don't you get two more tickets and you and me can go! :)