Tuesday, June 1, 2010

An Alaskan Lawyer


This man is officially an Alaskan lawyer now! Doesn't he look dignified with just a touch of "don't mess with me - I'm a dangerous lawyer"? :) We are sure proud of him! The judge he clerked for when we first moved here (Chief Judge Robert Coats) did the honors and swore him in. It was a beautiful moment knowing that all his studying and hard work paid off. He passed the bar, and now he's official!
Karsten wanted to take a picture and he took this which I really love! I wouldn't have thought of zooming in as he signed the papers. And it also gets a close-up of David's shirt and tie which he was so happy to be wearing since it was what he wore last time he was sworn in (as a California lawyer.) I don't know how, but according to David that is good luck. :)

5 comments:

jenlinmin said...

Yay David (and the family who sacrificed by his side)! Congratulations!

Marianna said...

Great picture Karsten! So nice that that's all over with, but I liked it better when he was a California Lawyer. :)

Christi said...

Yeah! Very nice. I love the picture Karsten took.

Tyra said...

Congrats David!! Kevin has sworn that he will never take the bar again. What an accomplishment!

Christina said...

Those pics are great. Nice job Karsten! Congrats! What a relief to have it all over! :) Love you guys!