Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The one that got away...

The one that gets away is always bigger than we remember and gets bigger with each telling of the story.  But this one REALLY was big.  We promise!

Skyla's first king salmon!

David and Skyla tried to pull it in for 25 minutes.  They got it close to the shore and somehow the fish was able to get the hook out of it's mouth.   Which maybe was a good thing since Skyla was so excited to catch a fish but was thinking of it more as a pet than dinner...

6 comments:

Sierra said...

Well, I have to admit I'm not sobbing currently. It's not like I would have gotten to (and not like I would want to) taste it anyway. What I am sobbing about is that I got my boot wet for nothing. :)

Zina said...

YUM. Fresh fish. Oh well, maybe next time. Between that and the photos of your surroundings, I almost think I'd like living in Alaska. In summer, anyway.

I think this story (follow this link) will make you glad the fish got away.

Zina said...

Um, after re-reading that I saw that there are some only partially-obscured really bad words. Also you might not want to let your tender-hearted girls read it.

Christina said...

My favorite part of this is seeing the genuine delight in David's face and Skyla's! As sad as it is for me to have you guys so far away, I can tell you guys are SO in your element! I'm glad you guys are having so many adventures! :)

Christi said...

She looks so happy. Wow!

Jeni said...

Mmmmm. I bet it would've been a yummy fish. It's always hard to think about where our food actually comes from (for me anyway).

It's great to see you all in your Alaskan element!