Monday, June 7, 2010

"I can't sleep!"

We've got some sleeping issues around here.  Namely, the sun is shining in the kids' room around 10:00pm when we're trying to get the kids to bed (as evidenced in the first picture.)  Skyla's moved her bed to the floor behind her bed where it's a little darker, but it's not helping.  I can't bear to put tin foil on the windows though or add ugly dark curtains...  We had darkness for so long so we're loving all the light!  It's just making bed time a little tricky... 

4 comments:

Marianna said...

Ahhhh summer in Alaska! Those long days were the best days when I was a kid up there!

Christi said...

Oh poor kiddos.

What about getting those shades that pull down? I don't know what they are called but I can picture them in my head. You can pull them up and down.

Britney said...

Yes, like your friend Christi said, get the "black out" drapes that you can pull down. I have them in my room...works like a charm :)

You can get them at Lowe's or Home Depot. Just measure your window, and they cut them for you in the store, then put them up...so easy.

Kelly Jensen said...

Mind! I'm just chiming in with Brit and Christi. I just bought black-out drapes for my babes room-- They even have white drapes-- which is what I bought. We have some pull downs in the boys room and ours let a little light in on the sides (so if you need a little light night, that might be the trick) But the white drapes (google white black out curtains) velcro in the middle and let in NO LIGHT. Love and miss you like mad!

Kell