Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Maiden Voyage

 
Memorial Day brought blue skies and an empty Kenai River which created perfect conditions for our maiden voyage of the U.S.S. Dave raft (it has yet to be named...).  The Kenai river is one of the most famous rivers in Alaska and there are some mighty big fish that come out of its' waters.  However, no fishing allowed yet means we had the river to ourselves!  How ironic that we got a picture of when I was doing the steering since that didn't last very long.  Let me just say it is harder than it looks!  Our good friend Becky joined us and we had so much fun. We were so proud to have actually assisted in getting the raft out of the water.  Yeah, we're tough.  Thanks Capt. Dave for a fabulous day!

3 comments:

Christi said...

What a fun way to spend the holiday. I think your family has found the perfect place to live.

Tyra said...

Looks like a blast!! How come Oregon weather is worse looking than Alaska?

Natalie said...

Fun, and beautiful! By the way, I love the picture below that Karsten took of David signing. Very cool! He's got skills. thanks for your compliment. And no, I don't think I've touched a scrapbook since you moved way back when. That's why my blog is so jam packed. I print it each year into a hard bound book and then it's done! Maybe not as cute but much easier.