Thursday, January 20, 2011

All eyes on...

David as he had to give a talk in church.  Well, I guess he didn't HAVE to because it is something he hasn't done in 10 years.  But he agreed to.  I wish I had a picture.  My husband is an amazing speaker (if I do say so myself!)  He gets up in front of a crowd and he's not nervous, he doesn't have to read his notes, he says funny things and makes everyone laugh, and then brings in the spirit and makes everyone cry.  Not bad for being out of practice for 10 years!  This was his opening joke that brought down the house:


"The topic for my talk is "Righteous Goal-Setting."  I am not sure why the Bishop picked me.  Since my broken neck three months ago, my goals have been pretty modest:  trying to regain strength and use of my left arm, starting to drive again, and since I can't look down with my neck brace, trying to improve my aim so I can keep the toilet seat dry.  I'll let you guess which goal my wife likes the best.  By the way, it has been 10 years since I gave a talk in sacrament meeting, so if it is another 10 years before I give another one, I guess we'll know that joke made it all the way to Salt Lake."

6 comments:

Kelly Jensen said...

hahahahahahah. I going to make sure that it makes it all the way to Salt Lake. They won't give you another 10 year break -- they'll just send you back to Berkeley!

All part of my brilliant plan (insert evil laugh here...)

Christina said...

Hilarious! I remember my parents telling me that, but I had totally forgotten it. I love it! I wish I could have been there! Love ya Dave!

Christi said...

He is one funny guy.

Laura said...

Where's the like button on blogs?

Becca said...

Speechless...He's a funny guy! I wish I was there to have seen the reaction of the Bishopric!

Britney said...

LOVE the opening!