Saturday, January 22, 2011

Good Threes

Three wonderful and amazing things happened this week.  

First, I got some new shoes.  Finding new shoes is hard because I do not like shopping.  (I know, it's not very womanly of me...)

Second, my children finally like REAL old fashioned oatmeal.  No more of that instant crap!
Third, David and I were able to go on our second date of 2011.  This is my best New Year's Resolution ever! (And if you want to do something really really REALLY scary on your date nights, write down the ages of your children and the ages they will be in the the next five years while you discuss things like finances and vacations and goals.  AUGH!) 

6 comments:

Amber said...

That is scary...in 5 years I could be a grandma! When does David get to take off his neck brace?! Love the shoes!

Christina said...

What a great new years resolution. I love the pic. Dave is looking better and better! :)

Laura said...

What fun! Scared to think of where we will be in five years. I love date night. My fave of all time. And the shoes are cute like you Miss Mindy.

Zina said...

Ha--several times recently I've wanted to make a 10-year calendar but then I start thinking how Ike will go on a mission in less than 6 years, etc., and somehow I can't bring myself to make the calendar. (Maybe I need to think of it in terms of that in just a few years I'll never change another diaper. Or fewer than that if Hazel is our last baby. But then I start wondering if we'll have one more or even two more and I think about all my health challenges and hard pregnancies but how I'd still really love to have one or even two more babies and then I get overwhelmed and don't make a calendar.)

Oops, sorry to go off on such a long tangent. :)

Date nights are such a great invention. Glad you're enjoying yours!

Ryan said...

I remember when Dave used to not let you buy new shoes.

Sally said...

I like good threes. And the shoes are super cute!