Monday, January 31, 2011

Surprising Three

The biggest surprise of all was opening the garage and seeing this...  
Or rather NOT seeing David's beloved (new) (well, used, but new to us) 
FJ sitting in the garage.  
It's not in the garage because he DROVE it.  
To work.  All by himself.  
After 106 days of not driving.  
It was scary, but he did it!
Please don't mock us for a messy garage.  



So nothing was quite as surprising as David driving, but the kids had "June in January" at school so they got to wear shorts and t-shirts.  Except, SURPRISE! - they still had to go outside for recess.  Even though they were wearing shorts.  I guess this is how we raise tough kids in Alaska.   It's been in the 20's so I guess that is pretty warm for around here!                                             












I love this picture.  I went to go do the dishes and found them just like this.  A hidden heart.  In the chocolate sauce pan.  Just for me.  You can find love anywhere if you'll just look!  :)

5 comments:

Britney said...

Love the dish picture. That's how my sink looks everyday...minus the heart. :)

Congrats to David for driving! That would be scary. So glad he is doing better.

Sally said...

I love your garage and jealous of all your stuff! I know how it feels not to drive for 3 months so I'm happy for David! And LOVE the heart!

JaNece said...

Yay for David (and a double yay for you) for driving to work! That is huge!!!! Your kids are the cutest and the dishes are just too funny! Today while at the store Lukas said, "You must really love your sister, huh mom." I don't know what brought it on, but he is so right!

Zina said...

I kind of can't believe they told the kids to dress for summer and then sent them out into the winter. It seems sort of, well, abusive--but as you said, should make for tough kids. Or traumatized ones that hate winter and school. One or the other.

I don't know how I'd feel about that heart, either--I think I might rather find an empty sink even without a heart in it. :) But I guess a heart in the saucepan is second-best.

Zina said...

Oh, and I think your garage looks fine--well within the range of healthy and normal. :)