Sunday, January 16, 2011

TMI for most people, but this is my life...

Sometimes I look back on my planner and wonder where the time went.  Now I will remember!  At least this week.  Or at least part of it...

Monday -

Our neighbor brought the kids home from the bus stop.  They were really late getting home.  I asked them what took so long.  Apparently Karsten wouldn't get into Paul's car.  The girls said they bribed and threatened and nothing worked.  Karsten would NOT get in.  Finally Sierra tricked him into the car by saying one of the other girls (still walking) was a murderer and he better get in.  This worked.  I'm thinking I must have some details of this wrong because that all seems very weird...  Anyway, when I talked to Karsten about why he wouldn't get in the car, Karsten said Paul's car smells like smoke (Paul smokes a pipe but only when the kids are not in the car but the smell is still there I guess) and on the radio he heard if he breathes smoke it will kill him and he doesn't want to die.  Which makes perfect sense why the whole murder thing worked on getting him into the car because if he has to choose death now or a lingering death from the "smoke", death by smoke must have seemed the better option.

Missionaries came to dinner.  Karsten was very happy to announce ALL of our ages starting with mine.  I never feel old until I hear how old I am.  Out loud.  

Tuesday -
Discovered something like vomit or possibly diarrhea in my bathroom trash first thing this morning.  Turns out it was spit up chocolate.  Karsten had to clean the trash can out and chose to fill the trash with water BEFORE he emptied out all the toilet paper in it.  Utterly disgusting.  And then he had tantrum because he found it disgusting too.  This is all before school.  Five minutes before we're leaving I check Karsten's backpack and find a special project DUE TODAY.  Panic moment but we did it and the kids didn't miss the bus.

I got a quick run in!  I always feel so tough running in the snow...

In the afternoon I subbed some very darling 1st graders.  They corrected my pronunciation of "measure."  I apparently say it funny.  I did not like being corrected by 1st graders.

Skyla had jazz, I picked up David (who is now working full time again!) and we went to REI to pick up his brand new skate skis!  Not that he'll be able to use them this year, but now he HAS them and we're that much closer to being able to go together!  But going to REI made us late picking Skyla back up from jazz.  Which made us late eating dinner.  Which made us late for finishing homework.  Which made us late for going to bed.  Our life is a domino!  

Wednesday
Church meeting to noon duty at the school to a quick run outside to one lengthy doctor's appointment for David (3 hours!) to volleyball meeting for Sierra to DONE!  This was literally my entire day.  But then David and I watched Inception (his first time, my second) and I love it when we have a good movie to watch.  And the second time seeing this one was even better because I could actually follow the storyline this time.  And I finally got the ending because it doesn't matter if the token stops spinning...  It doesn't even matter! 

Thursday
My case in point - If I don't write it down after it happens, when I look back on my planner none of the details will be remembered! I know what we did on Thursday, but the details are gone...

Friday we went out with friends to dinner.  Everyone had horrible luck and did not like what they ordered.  Except for David and I.  Our food was so delicious!  Of course we rubbed it in.  

3 comments:

Lindsay JJ said...

okay mindy that was hilarious to read... what a crazy funny life we have as mothers.... sigh! Karsten cracks me up!

Kelly Jensen said...

Oh Mindy! This is why I love you and your blog so much! I laughed out loud and miss you more now than I did 10 minutes ago. (Which was a lot!)

Sally said...

I'm glad to hear other people's lives are just as crazy as mine! It. Never. Slows. Down.