Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls...

Or so the song says, but I couldn't help it! We're so close to Yosemite National Park AND it's waterfall season AND the girls just started spring break. So Marianna and I and six kids packed up and had a sleepover in Yosemite. We stayed at an old-fashioned hotel called the Wawoma (we rented the last available room!) that was so cute. It had no bathroom, tv, or phone. The kids were quite baffled at that but it just added to our adventure when they had to go out the door and down two flights of stairs to go potty in the freezing cold morning. (See, sometimes having a non-potty trained child isn't so bad...)
Yosemite is truly one of the most beautiful places. My whole perspective on life is better after being there. We had fun hiking to a couple of waterfalls and riding the bus around the park. Karsten was in "stick" heaven and I'm so glad that Owen's eyes are still intact. The girls were contantly climbing rocks and trees and running and playing and just getting down right dirty! They made a fort and found some oak tree seeds they brought home to plant. We all saw a bobcat on one of our hikes which was very exciting. There was even some snow we got to play on.
Thank you Marianna for being my adventure buddy! I'm so glad we have these Yosemite memories!!!

7 comments:

Marianna said...

You beat me to the post (my kids are already bathed), but my pictures are downloading right now! What a wonderful adventure that was! Thank you so much for planning such a fun (and economical) weekend!

Sally said...

Wow, gorgeous pictures! What fun! I have never been to YellowStone!

Britney said...

You two are fun. So adventuresome! I love the picture of the both of you with the water behind you.

Glad Karsten IS still in diapers for you...that would have been hard. Max would NOT go on a cold potty, he has a hard time when the toilet is "too loud" when it flushes (go figure?)

Kelly Jensen said...

Love it... I think that is a "Mom's that Rock" moment... eh, eh? You guys are awesome! do you have room for 3 more?

Christi said...

I am so jealous! You do so many fun and amazing things. Beautiful pictures.

Rachel said...

That looks so fun. I am glad that you guys had a fun time. Love the pictures. Everything is always more fun with a friend.

Zina said...

What great pictures. Your kids will have lots of great memories!