Friday, April 25, 2008

Weird Week

This has been a weird week.

First off I lost my wallet. Was it stolen? Did I drop it? I didn't know until the next day when someone called me and said she found it in a shopping cart. She didn't turn it in to the store because she saw my name and she has the same maiden name as I do so wanted to give it to me in person. Crazy.

Next crazy thing is Aspen was playing on the deck and I noticed these bird were swooping down at her. Then I looked at what Aspen was playing with. It was a baby bird! We quickly saved it and it hopped away with it's swooping parents. That was the happy part. Well, the girls found the baby bird again and made a little nest for it and this time it didn't fare so well... So this morning Karsten came in the house holding the bird in his bare hands informing me that "This is dead." Ewwww...

Do you want more crazy? How about I opened my mailbox to find it full of grass, rocks, and dirt. Thanks Karsten. How about our contractor came this morning, the day before I'm having a baby shower here, to fix a leak in the bathroom that I've been calling him about for two months...

AND I just took Karsten in for a haircut. I told them to leave it long, just trim it. So they left it long all right. Only in the back though so now he has an official mullet. I need this week to end...

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like a strange week. I'm so glad you found your wallet. You need to post pictures of Karsten's new hair cut.

John and Stef said...

Hello fellow blogger. I'm so happy I have a better way to keep in touch with everyone I miss and to see what they are up to! I can't believe Karsten, he is so big!! I LOVE his hair, I don't know if I'd even recognize him - it's been too long, We have to get together soon!

Laura said...

It just shows, there are great people in this world. How awesome to get your wallet returned!!!! The bird, always a bad sign---have you ever watched the Sopranos? One of my faves. The main character has nightmares about birds. Anyway, love you sweetie, hope next week is better.

Sally said...

So sorry Mindy! Good memories!

Christi said...

Fear the mullet!!! I can't wait to see pictures. Sounds like you had a crazy week alright. I hope the baby shower goes well. I'm glad you got your wallet back. There are still amazing people out there in the world. I'm sorry to hear about the baby bird though. So sad. :(

Zina said...

Don't we get a picture of the mullet?

One of Isaac's friend's mom gets his hair highlighted, and I have to admit it never would have occurred to me to have that done to Isaac's hair.

Kelly Jensen said...

Yay Karsten... bringing back th mullet. Pretty soon we'll all be sporting it... business in the front-- party in the back. Sorry about the week-- but you know what I say??? One weird week deserves to be followed by two weeks of pure bliss!!!

Mindy said...

I couldn't post a Karsten mullet picture with this entry because I am seriously too sad. I'll have to wait a few days to laugh about it...

But I am laughing at Kelly's comment... business in front and party in the back.. LOL!