Sunday, August 3, 2008

Check


  • Learn a foreign language - Check

  • Climb a big mountain - Check

  • Run a marathon - CHECK!!!

It is over. I did it. It was really really hard. But it's over. Yahoo!

Special thanks to the best running partner ever. Marianna could have completed the marathon MUCH quicker, but she held back for me even though I begged her to keep going. Her encouragement and enthusiasm carried me across the finish line. As did the loving arms of David and my kids who hung around for 4 1/2 long hours meeting me at different parts of the race to give me gu and support. It was a humbling and painful yet exhilirating experience and I'm so glad it's over. And I'm so glad I have a good book (Breaking Dawn!!!) to read because these legs are not going to be working for a while.

Thanks Jenny for running the first half with us and keeping me distracted with good conversation. Thanks Mom and JaNece for the flowers! Thanks all my friends and family who continually asked about my training and the race. Thanks to those who are watching my kids tomorrow so I can get a massage. Thanks race volunteers for being there. Thanks Gu and FRS and caffiene pill and Advil.

19 comments:

Tristen said...

Proud of you!! Great running! Thanks for posting so quickly, I was wondering how it went!!

JaNece said...

WOW! YOu did it and I'm so proud of you! I'm crying looking at that picture and the feeling of victory on your face! You are truly amazing sis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Way to go Mindy! A marathon is a HUGE check off the list. Great job!

Bethany said...

MINDY! You are such an inspiration to so many people.. truly!

Jenn said...

MINDY!! You are a huge help for me. You are always so full of positive words, and you did it! I can't wait till I do it too! And I can't wait to get my hands on your book. Just kidding, take your time. Enjoy every word.

cchrissyy said...

Way to go!!!

You really did it, you're awesome! :)

Natalie said...

You go girl, you are amazing! That is something to be so proud of.

Zina said...

Congratulations! I think I will just admit right now that that is not even on my checklist -- but I am excited for you that you achieved such a great goal.

Jeni said...

Congratulations Mindy! Let's go celebrate with some Cheeseboard. :)

Marianna said...

Thanks for an amazing race Mindy! I KNEW you could do it!!! And I couldn't have done it with out you!

Sally said...

Congrats Mindy! What an accomplishment! Wow! Now enjoy your book! I haven't started mine yet! :)

Jeni said...

You are so amazing Mindy! What a victory! You and Marianna are my running goddess idols.

So great! You are truly spectacular!

Tyra said...

You are my hero!! You need to do your next one with me and get me through it. I wondered all Saturday how you had done. Kevin and I were thinking about you. Congrats for a race well run.

Becca said...

Congrats girl...you DID it!! I'm so proud of you and I love the picture of you and Marianna. Post race pics are the BEST!

jenlinmin said...

So, so, so, so, so proud of you! At the end I realized there were so many more things I wanted to talk about with you. Two hours just WASN'T enough time! Are you ready to start thinking about the Tri yet? Ha ha! Just kidding! I'll wait a few more days for the pain to subside before bringing that up :)

Kluane said...

Congrats!! What an accomplishment, I bet it feels great now that it's over:)

Britney said...

Wow, what an accomplishment! And what a cute hubby to be there cheering you on!

Laura said...

That is AMAZING! I guess I need to make some goals. I have been for years---without the "CHECK" ---maybe that is part of my problem. Congratulations on all the CHECKS!

The Rideout Timeout said...

Congrats!!! I'm so proud of you.

I wish I had my body back from college, but all that pounding from the years of volleyball have done a number on my knees.

I am super impressed with your stamina and will-power!!!!