Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Let's go fly a kite!

Flying kites today, it was eerie how the flight of the kites fit the personalities of my children!

Skyla's rainbow kite caught the wind easily and it was up and flying high in no time. It danced and twirled in the wind as if it hadn't a care in the world.

Sierra's butterfly kite had a mind of it's own and took it's own sweet time to fly up to the sky. But once it was there it was strong and graceful and soared effortlessly.

Karsten's red kite is brand new and today is the first time we took it out. The girls immediately dubbed it "Red Killer" because it would sporadically fly in a circle and then nose dive down to the ground. Then it would fly full speed toward the other kites and loop around a kite causing a snare or make an unexpected twirl. It was very unpredictable and kind of scary.

I love my children and the things in their personalities that make them special. And I'm thankful for Karsten for allowing me to glimpse the "male world" which is unpredictable and kind of scary. :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

You are a fabulous photographer. The picture of the girls captures their joy. LOVE IT!

Jyl said...

You are such a cute Mom! Its thing like this that my mom did with me, that I will never forget!
Do you do photography professionally? I really are good Mindy!

Christi said...

You guys are always doing such fun things. I was so happy to see a new 'funny thing to remember this week'. I've missed them. :) Oh, by the way, I'm working on creating a blog. Go figure.

Sally said...

Love the "kites match their personalities" You are so creative! I miss you!