Monday, August 18, 2008

Saturday Fun

There has been much anticipation in our household... Saturday turned out to be quite the day! After going to see the Star Wars Clone Wars movie (the Hymas kids give it two very high thumbs up) and eating a delicious Fuddrucker's hamburger we drove into San Francisco for my first ever professional football game - the 49ers. I think getting parked and into the stadium was almost more exciting than the actual game! First of all we couldn't figure out where to park. We were in line to enter one gate and the line split so when David tried to cut back over into the lane we had previously been in for about 1/2 hour, the parking attendent started yelling at him. So we had to wait in another line to get to a gate that they just decided to close right before we got there. Finally we made it to the fourth and final gate where we finally got a parking spot. We grabbed our backpack and headed into the stadium. We only had 4 tickets so David tried to buy one from a scalper. David finally talked him down to the right price, but didn't have the right amount of cash. He went to go get change, walked back to buy the ticket just as the scalper got arrested. We finally made it to the front of the security line only to find out no backpacks allowed. We had to walk all the way back to the car to then wait in the line again - this time with no ticket for Karsten. We finally made it in, walked to our section only to then find we were on the opposite side of where we were supposed to be. By the time we finally made it into our seats, I was exhausted! The kids enjoyed the game until the candy ran out, which was not long. But I must say watching football live is much funner than on TV! And now I can say I've been to a football game. Not an easy task... Maybe it's because secretly, I'm a Raider Fan.

10 comments:

Marianna said...

Even though it's not the Raiders, it's still Candle Stick Park! What an adventure! :) How did you get a ticket for Karsten???

Laura said...

OK, evil to say, but I am glad I am not the only one having to suffer through football games------although mine are of the child variety.

Tyra said...

That sounds like quite an adventure. It will help you remember the game long after it has ended.

Natalie said...

Sounds like an adventure. I thought stuff like that only happened to me :) That's a cute picture of you.

Jyl said...

I LOVE GOING TO THE GAMES<... any games I can go to.. its the fell of the crowd and the smell of the cotten candy, and some bad smells too, but I love it.. so I m jealous! How fun!

JaNece said...

It is crazy to me to see you guys all "bundled" up like it's cold or something! Send cold weather this way...it's 100 degrees every dang day!

The Rideout Timeout said...

I'm a Raider(and Cowboys) fan too and it only makes it that much more fun since Micah is a 49r's fan. It's still so much fun to go to a live game though.

Kelly Jensen said...

Oh Mindy!!! I love you! I am sorry about your "adventure" but so happy that you made it. Next time your heading to a stadium for a game- call us-- we'll give you the tricks of the trade:)

Sally said...

What a day! My kids still want to see Clone Wars, good to know your kids liked it!

Jeni said...

Are you guys ever NOT doing something fun?! You have lucky kids, I hope they realize it. :)