Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eclipse and a life lesson

Yes, that little blob in the sky is really our amazing view of the eclipse.  You should have seen how excited Sierra was when I said, "Come on, let's go watch the eclipse!"  (Yes, she was thinking I was going to let her watch the movie.)  It started to get foggy and we couldn't see it when it turned red.  We called some friends to see if they could see it where they were, but it was foggy downtown too.  I was ready to turn into bed but Sierra insisted that we drive up the mountain to see if we could see it.  David told her that was crazy and there was no way it wouldn't be foggy up there.  I could see she really wanted to go so I said I would go, but only to appease her.  We couldn't just drive out of the fog, right?  We piled into the car and headed up the mountain.  Suddenly Sierra started yelling and I pulled the car over.  No fog.  Only bright white stars in the black night and our full moon bright red from the eclipse.  It was spectacular.  I'm so glad Sierra persisted!  Of course I tried to apply it to real life about when someone says you can't do it, you have to follow your dreams.  Thank goodness it was dark so I couldn't see her roll her eyes. 
What an amazing night. 

2 comments:

Christi said...

I totally missed it. Too sick to even try to photograph it.

Unknown said...

aww!!!! lucky!!!it was super foggy here in CA!!! I barely saw something that was orangish and reddish but it was really blurry! :)